1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Still Trying To Be Messy

I am still struggling with trying to allow a creative mess.  I can see looking back through my photos that I am getting even more clean freaky with our projects. Mess= fun.  I do not want to lack fun or creativity, I hope I am not missing that!  Maybe it is that the kids I have now are younger?  I don't know. 
So here is a prayer I need you to pray for me, that I will be able to relax and let the kids be creative and messy.  It allows them good manipulative experiences, and creative expression, too.  I don't want to always run their art projects to be able to keep things pristine.  (Well, I DO, but that is what I need to work on!)  There is a great blog over on my blog list to the right-Pre-School Play and I look at the messy fun those kids are having and I really want to make it a point to add some of that to our weeks.  It is very hard for me.  Will you pray for organized mess?  I don't think any prayer is a silly request.  I rely on God for everything.
Aaaaaahhh!! Look how good she was- the kids know that when they have painted hands they need to raise them up and follow me to the bathroom for a good washing.  That's our niece, I sure miss having her around here! 
If you haven't seen the song for today- it's so good!  It's called Marry You by Bruno Mars, and the song was used in a fantastic marriage proposal that I have been watching for about a week..  It makes me smile. I love that we can watch her expression- priceless. ♫

2 comments:

  1. Said a prayer for you, and then got out the paints and let my kids paint birdhouses today. Then we ripped up different green scrapbooking papers into leaves and decorated our wall tree.
    Messy, yes. Fun, yes. I'm still learning to allow messes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope the kids had fun with the birdhouses!♥

      Delete