1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fingers

"Miss Nicole my fingers don't go that many."  Hmm, this does pose a problem.  How do I get a 3 year old to understand the number 17?  It sure helps to be able to count fingers. I suppose we could've counted fingers and then toes, but that might confuse them.  A solution= hand prints to show 17 fingers!  Most of them counted all of the fingers successfully.
Sometimes I feel bad on number days and throw something like fruit loop necklaces into our schedule just to add some fun.  I know, I know, counting activities CAN be fun.  I believe that kids need to just play, too.  So YES, we counted to 17.  Then we made some sugary cereal necklaces to even out the fun scale.
 Here is how the conversation usually goes. "We don't eat them, right?"  I reply with,"Well, not yet."  Then they continuously remind each other that if they eat them the necklace will be so small.  This happens every time.
"Can I just eat one, PLEASE?"  He asked.  Look at those blue eyes. ♥  "Well, alright.  Go ahead. "  I answered, beaten by cute.
 Our grass heads grew some hair!  The kids took them home this week. Happy Thursday!♥♥♥
Song for today is Love Me Do by The Beatles. ♫

1 comment: