1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Playroom Book Nook

Here is my handsome hubby, about to install the cool book nook I had been dreaming about thanks to Pinterest.  You can see the inspiration for our book nook here.  Ok, I know that the inspiration photo is much more glorious than what we built, but it was the photo that gave me the idea of using this strange space in our playroom.  It used to have my personal shelves that stored games, my group time basket, other stuff.  I love Pinterest!
Here is the platform!  I love that my hubby enjoys making things fun for the kids as much as I do.  Otherwise, this never would've been built.
Next, the railing.  We still need to add one more piece of wood to be in compliance with the "slats must not be further than 3 1/2 " wide" rule.
I had this floor mat up in the attic.  It's perfect for cushioning the little knees once they reach the top.
In went the steps! I am so happy with this- it is so sturdy and wonderful.  The kids are enjoying it!  Up next: bookshelves like these ones.  Up above the book nook on the green wall, and to also replace our standing book shelf in the playroom.  It will create space, and a nice way to display seasonal books.  Now all I need to do is paint our nook. White?  Green?  Red?  HELP! What do you suggest?  Happy Friday!  It's beautiful today- amen.  I am going to be rolling out and cooking tortillas today so I can make enchiladas tomorrow.  In my mind, the kids will all be skipping around the yard, holding hands in the sunshine and chasing butterflies.  We'll see!♥♥♥
Song for today makes me actually want to head bang to banjos! Roll Away Your Stone by Mumford And Sons.☼

2 comments:

  1. Red could be fun but I lean towards white, it would match the bookshelves you spray painted. Love the rain gutter bookshelves. We have those in our dining/school room. LOVE them. Easy and inexpensive as well.
    http://www.specialedswife.blogspot.com/2011/02/rain-gutter-shelves-and-maps.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I vote white, crisp and bright! =)

    ReplyDelete