1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

To Unwind

Anyone who works with groups of children knows that the childcare profession is not always easy.  I love my job, but it's important that I allow myself time to unwind.  Here are some ways that I unwind! The photo above is a regular wander for me.  It's in the historic district in Snohomish, at about the half way point of my regular walking route.  I love to take a walk.  Just my headphones and I, the phone on vibrate.  Me time.  Unwind time.  I like to see what everybody elses gardens are doing and watch the trees change.  This block is one of my favorite places that I get to wander on my regular walk.  Taking the walk usually lasts about 55 minutes.  It's rigorous, up hill, steep up hill.  I always feel great when I am done and am ready for more noise by the time I arrive home.
 Another walk I have taken- The Hall Of Mosses trail in the Olympic National Rainforest.  Escape is always a great way to unwind.  I was trying to CATCH my breath, and this trail was so beautiful it took my breath away.
Another escape, an apricot orchard in the Tri-Cities.  I can still smell it.
Gardening is another way that I unwind.  My favorite part of gardening is just wandering around and looking for new growth.  Finding surprises that I didn't expect, waiting for blooms.
Cooking and baking for my family is another way I unwind.  It brings me great joy to feed people.
Adam felt left out.  LOL- another way to unwind is spending time with my best friend Adam.  We like to escape for dinner alone.  It's awesome.
Loving on the cat is the final way that I can think of that I unwind.  Smudge follows me EVERYWHERE.  He throws himself on the ground in front of me if he wants me to pet him.
Here he is, watching me read.  He tucked himself in under the table that was holding my water.  What a good friend he is.  How do YOU unwind?
Song for today was performed by our daughter Stephanie with the 7th grade band last night.  I believe it's called Night of The Gargoyles.  They have sure come a long way!♪

No comments:

Post a Comment