1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Around The Yard

It's that time of year again!  Each morning I enjoy a quick peruse around the gardens to see which seeds have sprouted, what flowers are blooming.  My Niko beast used to do this with me, so I couldn't help but miss him this morning.♥  The wisteria is blooming beautifully!  I had no idea how fragrant the blooms would be, but they are.
The Azalea is blooming.  I love it's fiery orange.♥
The lilac tree smells SO good!  Some of them made their way onto our table.  Do any of you have any tips to make them last longer in a vase?  Two days tops is usually what I get out of them.  I suppose the best thing to do is keep them on the tree and just go smell them daily.
This morning I found some cucumbers that sprouted.  ♥
 Look who stepped in and decided to roam with me! Smudge can be my new garden cat.♥
The veggie garden was finished yesterday in the glorious sunshine.  I am so grateful for this garden.  If it produces NOTHING, at least it brings me joy to water and weed it every summer. 
A Mother's Day photo. Our style!♥ Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
Now playing at Henle House, Red Red Wine by UB40. ☼

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Nicole,

    Before you put the lilacs in a vase, use your clippers to make a cut upwards through the stem...it helps the water to go up through the branch. Hope that helps! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete