1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Little Ducks

♫Five little ducks went out to play, over the hills and far away..♫ Mother duck said "Quack quack quack!" FOUR little duckies came running back.  (Repeat until you have one duck who goes out to play.) Then Daddy duck says "QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!"  All five duckies come running back. ♫  We've been singing this occasionally since September.  I thought it was time to make some duckies to play with while we sing the song.  They look like they have personalities!  I think the second one from the right is about to have a meltdown.. LOL
We used air-dry putty.  There are all kinds of things that can be used, though!  Playdough, wooden beads, plain old construction paper, foam balls.
To begin, we shaped our "ducks".  They rolled the foam on the table to create a circle the best that they could.
Next step was to add an orange beak to each duck.
Then they added eyes.
This really took some fine tuned precision! This little guy did it!  He's 2.  I love the air dry putty because it sticks together effortlessly.  No glue needed.
 I found these great canvas drawstring bags in my supplies.  They are perfect to keep our five little ducks in!
The kids colored in the number 5.
But wait, half of the time, the kids forget the song when they get home.  I printed out the lyrics and glued them onto a piece of craft foam to help preserve it.  They fit right into the bags.
I love these bags.  I purchased them at Discount School Supply, although I was unable to find them again.  This website has wonderful items!  We purchased our air dry putty from the site, too.  (Oh- and my construction paper!)  Happy Friday!♥♥♥
Song for today is Skinny Love by Birdy.♫

No comments:

Post a Comment