1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Alligators And Food


♫5 little monkeys swinging in the tree, teasing Mr. Alligator, you can't catch me..you can't catch me!  ♫ And alooooooong came Mr. Alligator (Hand motion an alligator) and SNATCHED that monkey right outta that tree!  ♫  4 little monkeys... (repeat.)  The kids love this song!  I found a project in my supplies from last summer that I ordered from Oriental Trading last summer.  We sang the song in group time and then created our necklaces.
This fell right into place with our patterning that we have been doing.  They looked at the paper instructions and tried to follow the pattern. It took some thought.
Even if the pattern wasn't created, they enjoyed getting to the point where they could add the alligator bead.
My attempt to capture four smiling children didn't go as planned.  This was take 5.
Meanwhile, I have vamped up my daycare menu to include more of a variety of new foods for the kids to try.  It is now loaded with more fresh fruits and veggies, less processed foods and more homemade meals.  Every lunch that I make still has to fall into completion within half an hour to keep us on schedule.  I am sad that I am not allowed to use foods that I have canned myself, but that is understandable.  We CAN, however eat the food that are grown in the gardens.  We have strawberries and snap peas that the kids love to eat.
We talk a lot about how the healthy foods we eat help our muscles grow.
The kids flex for me almost daily.  So funny!
Over the weekend I finally went out and bought a Wisteria.  Here it is, in all of it's glory!  (Bad fuzzy photo, sorry.)
I can't wait to watch it grow over the years.  It is a Cooke Purple variety and is planted in a spot that provides ample climbing space.  My back yard flower garden feels complete.  Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
Song for today is Safety Dance by Men Without Hats.  It's just that kind of day. The kids are dancing around the May Pole for May Day which just happens to be today.♫

No comments:

Post a Comment