1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Button Sorting

All you need is an egg carton, some markers or crayons, and some small objects of color, shape etc.  We used buttons!  I took some markers and colored the bottom of each egg cup.  We put some buttons in the top row of the carton, and the kids spent considerable amount of time just sorting the buttons into the correct colored cup.  They think they are having FUN, while I have actually placed them in front of this task to diffuse a melt down. Sneaky, but it always works!
 I wanted to post the photos of the rest of the cars from the pinewood derby last night for you to see.  This category above is the preschool age group.
Here we have the kindergarten through 2nd grade group.
Here are the third grade through sixth grade group.
Here are the teen and adult cars.  I know that we had a lot of late check in cars, so not all of them were pictured.  Aren't these fun?
I particularly liked this one, it was called the redneck RV. 
Our pastors wife came up with this idea, a replica of the race track.  So creative!  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥
I don't have a song of the day for today.  I suppose I am in mourning because I downloaded an album this morning,  it was Some Nights by Fun.  I was annoyed and mad that as I started listening to it it was great, and then out of nowhere, the F word.  Song after song, ruined by profanity and now I can't even listen to it.  I guess that is one way I know that my heart has changed.  I don't think I could even enjoy it without a house full of kids.  That's proof of a change in me.  Change can be good!  I know there is a verse somewhere, something about how can we speak such filth and then turn around and glorify God out of the same mouth?  Darn. It could've been a great album. 
But I'm cutting that cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment