1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, May 7, 2012

I Bought Some Fabric

It all started Saturday morning.  I had a very small list of things to get at the grocery store and was kind of cranky because I didn't have something more to do.  Sometimes my mind just needs a project.  So off I went to the fabric store in Everett.  My daughter helped me pick out something bright.  I knew it would be for playroom curtains.  How one simple task turned into an entire re-do, I don't know.  I get obsessive.
We immediately went to Home depot to pick out paint.  Blue and green.  Perfect.
Ta-da!  We covered up all of the yellow paint.  I LOVE the green, it looks so bright and fresh! 
Next I decided that we couldn't keep this black shelf in the room, so I went BACK to Home Depot to get white spray paint.  Note to self- I do not like using spray paint.  Not only is my index finger numb from all of the spraying, but it runs and didn't spray on evenly.  Oh well.  I imagine it will get beat up anyway.  So it's all good!
Completed the "Grouchy Ladybug" fabric curtains and hung them up.  I like the contrast. :)
Giant daisy for decoration. ♥  One on each side of the window.
I used twine for the loop on our tie backs.  Twine. ♥
I wasn't sure if I would keep the tree.   Since I didn't want to paint the ceiling,  the tree needed to be repainted.
Paint, paint, paint..
I extended the grass all along the bottom this time.  Adam built me a platform that will fit into the little nook area of the room.  It will be four feet tall, and when complete will have stairs so the kids can climb up to read stories on the cushions up on top.  The kitchen area will remain underneath.
Can you envision it?  I can, it will be exciting.  Happy Monday!  Sunshine is out- I must get into it today. ♥
Song for today is Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.  ♫  The Weird Al Yankovic version is great, too!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo...it looks like fun. I love it. I've been known to re-decorate on a whim as well. :)

    ReplyDelete