1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Summer Day

We had an 80 degree day yesterday!  It was a real summer day, we were sweaty, sticky, steamy and just plain HOT.  We are not used to this weather anymore.  We needed relief.  Ethan received this spraying soccer ball for his 8th Birthday from Great grandma.  It was the perfect day to get it out.
We were suddenly feeling better!  All kids should have an instruction label on their backs that says,"Just add water."  Some of us got soaked in our clothes.  Why not?
We spent a long time running away from and screaming about the spray ball.
"Come sit down on the blanket if you would like some snack!"  I yelled.  We're always hungry.
Look how good they all are.  This is such a dreamy job.  I thank God for it every day.  10 graham crackers later, we dove back into the water play.
Popsicles would soon follow.
Meanwhile, my old window has found its place on the wall above the buffet.  I wish I knew the history of who looked through its panes or the beautiful house it must have adorned.  I love it with all of its chipped paint.
I got lazy about purchasing wire to hang it with and grabbed a wire hanger out of the closet.  I think it gives it character. ;)  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Love the window hanging like that and I especially love the wire coat hanger that is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete