1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Fun With Fabric

There is a link to the right of this post called "Cape".  It inspired me to look for fabric to create some for our dress up cabinet.  I recently posted on my facebook page that I was looking for fabric scraps and would be happy to clear out anybodies left overs.  My handsome hubby has a cousin who could be a seamstress by trade, she has sewn clothing for her daughter and for herself and does it effortlessly.  (It's amazing!)  She brought me a bag of fabric!!
Oooh, the capes I will create! They each need to have a theme.  All superheroes have some sort of power.
I could not believe my eyes when I pulled this shiny silver fabric out of the bag.  This is PERFECT for lightning bolts or stars.
I am very excited about this.  (My smile is huge about it.)  I will post the results at a later date, but I think I might get these started today.  Thank you Angela!!
Meanwhile, every morning when I head out to snag the paper from the driveway, I take a detour in the garden.  I realized that I haven't been snipping the lavender buds off at all this summer.  It was time to create a couple of bundles.  My favorite thing to tie them with is twine. (Surprise surprise.  I use twine for everything.  Gifts, the green beans in the garden are climbing up it, vases, flowers, rolling  fabric.. it is everywhere.)  I like to place the bundles around the house.
In an old fruit box that we use as a shelf.
Tucked onto the bottom of this serving tray that a friend painted as a housewarming gift for us.
Hanging in the kitchen above the sink.  Wow- it looks like I need to scrub the side of that cabinet!  I have been dreaming of painting the kitchen, by the way.  Uh-oh.  Happy Monday!  Happy Birthday to my mom today, too! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment