1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Balloon Batter

We had some extra balloons floating around and decided to use them.  I love when a toy is created out of art!
Give the kids each a plain paper plate and ask them to color it any way that they desire.  These kids know me well, they asked me,"Do we color in ALL of the white?"  "Yes, do your best!" I respond.  I like to see them actually making an effort, creating a pattern, or just working on coloring in every white spot.  Scribbling is fun sometimes, but I like them to actually try.
Once they have colored the plate completely, we flip it over and tape a popsicle stick to the back for a handle.  I like the packing tape because it's very strong.  Scotch might not work for this.  Next, blow up a balloon.  I recommend blowing it up only half way.  It is more inclined to fall back down once it is "batted" into the air, and works better that way.  I wrote each childs name on balloons with a Sharpie.
The results?  Happy children, playing with the toys they just created.  Sweet!
Happy Tuesday! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment