1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Change Of Scenery

We are blessed by our location.  Behind our house is a beautiful nature filled lot that we meander through.  It ends at this little playground, tucked behind some trees behind a church.  It's a one minute walk for a great change of scenery.  Let's face it, playing in our little back yard every day gets old.
We (well, THEY) played on the teeter totter.  I am still trying to heal my bad knee.  The internet told me it would take several months, and it was right.  It's slowly getting better, but I have a terrible time doing anything that requires bending my knee past a 90 degree angle.
We had a different view of Blackmans Lake.  Sorry the photos aren't the greatest.  I took them with my phone.
I always try out the swings.  How fun am I if I just sit at the picnic table the whole time?  I've got to live a little.  Get on the swings and race one of the kids.  It feels like flying!
 NOW it's time to sit down.  I brought this magazine, if you haven't read Family Fun, it's a great publication.  Packed full of crafts, indoor and outdoor games, family friendly vacations- I highly recommend it.  They have a wonderful website here.
This is what our walk back to the back yard looks like.  First through this nice grassy stretch.  It used to be overgrown with tall wild grass and we would see deer ears sticking out.
Beyond the grass is this wonderful old fruit tree orchard in the lot behind our house.  The owner just invited me to take as many plums from these trees as our hearts desire!  Coming soon- plum jelly. ♥

See the chain link fence?  That's ours.  I love this little jaunt because we don't have to be on the road.  Thank you God for placing us where we are. Amen!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment