1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

We're Hungry

The second the kids arrive in the morning, they want breakfast.  As I understand it- at least one of my kids refuses to eat breakfast at home and actually waits until he gets here to eat.  It would be so wonderful to have a cook so I could take the energy I spend planning and preparing breakfast, snack, lunch, and snack and use it for something like .. a break!  I am quite a bargain shopper- not as crazy as those silly extreme couponers who spend 8 hours a day planning their grocery store trip.  I do like a bargain though- and shop for each month of food for the business all at once.  Some times the menu item is a complete fail- but then I know not to use it again.  The chicken noodle soup shown above (sorry my photos are always so blurry!  I would love a new camera.) was so condensed and full of giant chicken chunks and noodles that I HAD to share my happiness with you.  Most of the canned soups I have used end up not being enough for the kids.   On an average school day, I feed 8 kids.  In the summer, it is ten kids.   They want seconds.  A lot.  I used 5 large cans of this soup for lunch yesterday. 
A job I don't like to do is write the menu.  I don't even put breakfast on there, or afternoon snack.  The state makes me do this- but I think it's helpful for me.  I don't have time to think about what to make for lunch.  This way, I can glance at it in the morning, pull anything out to thaw if needed, and be ready to go.  Whatever I choose must be possible to complete in 1/2 hour. 
 Look at those chunks of chicken.  Much better than Campbells brand chicken noodle soup.
They did have seconds, and I even had some.    I'm sure that before they finished they asked me what we were having for snack later. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment