1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting Down To Business

Henle House is a fun place and my life sort of revolves around it.  It's a business, a successful one for it's size.  When I started this business, I thought very hard about how I wanted to present it to people.  (Or how I did NOT want to be..)  Right off the bat, I decided that this would be a learning center.  Every child who enters our home will learn something.  Sometimes that "something" is simple, like manners.  Or how to use the toilet.  But by golly, if I have anything to do with their learning schedule, then they will be writing their names and recognizing the whole alphabet, numbers, shapes, colors and concepts by the time they enter kindergarten.  Every parent should have that opportunity for their kids, and that's why I offer that service without any extra costs to them.  I love teaching.  It's time for me to get ready!
This morning it felt like fall.  I had to grab blindly for the light switch because the sunrise is getting later in the mornings.  Time to get out my fall candles (more to come on this, I am now in the Partylite business! Yippee!)  and time to get in the preschool zone.  I looked over my curriculum, it's ready.  The school aged kids are very excited to head back, and I cannot wait to start our learning schedule again.
 I realized that I need some new shape flashcards.  I printed some off of the internet and glued them to index cards.  I laminate most of my stuff in clear contact paper.  Less paper (or plastic) cuts that way. ;)
Once covered, cut them out, leaving a little room around the edges for the contact paper to cling to itself.
Hole punch and tie with yarn, and now it's ready to add to the group time basket.
Just in time for September, Scholastic Book Clubs mailed out the newest flyers.  Scholastic is wonderful, and if you do not have access to a school that offers these low priced books and want to get your hands on some, please let me know and I will get you a flyer!  No tax, free shipping, and reasonable prices.  I love books.♥♥♥  Happy Wednesday!  I'm having a root canal done this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment