1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Painting and Baking

Praise the Lord!  I was able to walk out into the garden this morning and pluck a beautiful zucchini out of it to make some fresh zucchini bread this morning.  The zucchini provided me with three shredded cups.  Now I have two little baggies measured out and tucked away in the freezer.  This will save me time on a busy morning with a house full of kids. ;)  Amen!
Last fall I painted the living room.  I also painted the mirror and shelf you see to the left of that door.  I don't know what stopped me from painting the doors in the room.  Maybe I thought I would just replace them?  It never happened.   Adam was out of town for the night and I decided that painting these doors would keep me busy while he was gone.
Sorry about the crooked photo, but doesn't that door look much better?
Here is our front door.  It's wider than most front doors to allow a wheelchair to enter and exit.  The previous owners of this house put in the handicap ramp leading to the front door.  I wanted to replace this door but the cost has never fit into our budget.  Time to paint.
Good enough for me!  I almost feel like it is too white, now.  Any ideas for something that will catch the eye?
Once I start painting, I can't stop.  Laundry room, you are next!
Look at this beautiful color!  It is appropriately called "Sunbeam".  I know this is the color for the laundry room.  I can hardly restrain myself, but I must for now.  (Gritting....my...teeth...)
Found this photo that Stephanie took because I left my camera in the car that day.  We stopped in Leavenworth in July and I loved the name of this shop.  I think I would be a sophisticated hippie.   One that showers.   Happy Saturday!  I'm going to see 'The Help' today.  I'm in the mood for a good chick flick.  Then off to see a live one woman performance of "Gomer" from the bible. I have not read the story, and am excited to get a visual.  It's easier to remember things better that way. ♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. You could tape off a square or oval and paint it with chalkboard paint and write messages or forget me not notes on it. =)

    ReplyDelete