1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Yes, You Can Play Your Video Game

I don't mind video games.  Here is our youngest child at age two, playing away on his Nintendo DS.  Yes, he could actually play it.  He beat levels of Mario at that age.  I think video games offer great eye hand coordination skills, can magically calm a frustrated child down, and offers mom and dad a moment of calm.  I allow the kids at Henle House to bring their DS's to use during free time only. 
Here's a throwback photo- I'm sure my husband will appreciate this one. ;) This was when Ethan was four.  He was already a master video game player.  He still is, in moderation.  Don't get me wrong- I make my kids go outside, too.  On the other hand, Ethan over the past year has greatly improved his reading and spelling by playing Scribblenauts! In the game you have to create things by spelling them and you often don't know what you have to create unless you read the prompts.  My vote is FOR video games. 
Look at this beautiful coffee sack I purchased at Ruffles and Rust Square!  I don't know what I will do with it, and for now I love it rolled up with the numbers showing and tied with twine.
Here was our latest "Where's Chloe" find.  She is so weird.  Happy Friday everyone! ♥♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment