1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Adorkable Garden Dorks

My kids don't usually eat their veggies.  I know there are wonderful ways to disguise them.  I've heard of moms baking broccoli brownies.  I think that's a great idea.  I love to bake zucchini bread, but with all of the sugar I wonder if it doesn't just defeat the purpose.   Anyway, for some reason, they eat the green beans right out of our garden.  Snap peas, too!  Carrots, three!  I suppose it makes sense.  For several months I have been a garden dork, running out to check on growth each morning and several times throughout the day.  I get very excited and usually call everyone over to show them what has happened overnight, in the process creating my own tribe of "adorkable garden dorks". ♥♥  One little guy usually reports to me before I have noticed something.  The green beans are now loaded with babies!  The kids ask daily, "When will they be ready?"  I can't get most of them to eat veggies with their lunch, but in the garden the rules don't apply.  EVERY time I get into the garden to check the green beans, I sing ♫♪ "Green beans in the gardeeeen.."♫♪  I thought you'd like to hear that song, too.  Garden Dorks  UNITE!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I must learn that song!..but alas I have no green beans in my garden this year, the slugs got them all and the creeping buttercups squeezed most everything else out this year...but next year, next year! My kids love their veggies but even more so straight from the garden.
    Love the song!

    ReplyDelete