1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Smell of Home

The other day I was realizing how much time some of these kids actually spend here.  This is often their "other" home for up to 11 hours each day!  Yes, it's preschool and childcare, but to me it's home.  It is important to me that they feel at home too.  I like to know that the first thing they do when they arrive is notice the smell.  Lucky for me, my kids are all 3 and over so diapers are few and far between.  No diaper smell here!
Here is a tiny corner just above where the kids load their belongings into cubbies.  Good to have you "home" again!  The electric tart warmer is my most treasured little helper.  I am not allowed to have an open flame in the house during business hours, so the tart warmer is a wonderful substitute.  A great friend gave that to me after my anguish of learning that I could no longer burn my candles.
Here is my candle drawer, located in a bakers rack.  I like Partylite because the wax will not burn you if it gets on you, and the wick is removable.  The bargain shopper in me will not allow me to actually purchase "tarts" for my warmer- I just get the votives and pop the wick out.
Today it smells like apples!  It's one of my favorites.  But the smell that trumps all candles is baking in the oven right now- zucchini bread.  ♥
My Partylite consultant is Lisa Weiser- she is wonderful.  Here is a link if you would like :http://www.partylite.biz/sites/lisaweiser?showWelcome=Y

1 comment:

  1. Good call on the votives! Buying the special tarts was a turnoff for me with the scent warmer, too.

    ReplyDelete