1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Puffy Heart

When Valentines Day approaches, the last thing on my mind is jewelery or flowers.  I get very excited to do art with the kids.  If I'm having a brain freeze like I did this morning, I'll surf the web and check some of my favorite craft blogs for ideas.  Today I found this link for a puffy heart.  When a project says ages 5 and up, I never listen unless it has a risk of being eaten.  Some of the best art has been created by the youngest kids who don't feel compelled to follow the directions.  I'll post some pictures of the results this afternoon. :)
You can find complete directions at:
http://crafts.kaboose.com/puffy-heart.html
Here are some pictures of our art time today!  The tissue squares we used came from http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=57/6224&mode=Searching&erec=1&D=tissue+squares&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntk=all&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&N=0&y=0&Ntt=tissue+squares&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&x=0&sd=Pastel+Tissue+Paper+Squares#RL1                                                    





Our hearts were less puffy because they were much larger, and our ages are younger than 5.  (Attention span shortage.) They worked very hard and are proud of their work!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I might have to make one! And, HELLO, why did you not tell me you had a blog?! Adding it to my reader, like, now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You are such a wonderful teacher!! Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete