1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crayon Resist

The kids think it's a "magic painting."  I suppose it is.  It's the opposite of that disappearing ink I used to covet as a child.  The idea that ink could disappear was fascinating!  So why not a crayon resist?  It starts with a piece of white paper and a white crayon.  Draw something on the paper.  We are learning the number 12, so I drew a 12.  I was going to add hearts, but I'm a bit tired of the hearts, so went with stars instead.
What I like to do is use a spray bottle of water to spray onto the watercolors so they are ready for the kids when they get to the table.
 The kids paint away.  I do not tell them what will appear, they have to work on getting color on the entire paper in order to see the magic "pop" out.


 "It's a twelve!!" Some recognized.  That's pretty good for our first day of twelve.  "I see stars!"  They say.  I think I see stars, too.  These kids are great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment