1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Secret Pal

Remember 'Secret Santa'?  At church we have a neat program called "Secret Pal".  Each Spring, a group of women get together and draw the name of the person who they will be an anonymous "secret pal" to for the next year.  This is my 4th year taking part in the program, and yesterday we had the secret pal brunch to reveal ourselves to the secret pal for last year and to draw new pals.  Being a secret pal to someone means that we encourage them, lift them up in prayer, send a card in the mail, surprise them with a little something here and there. It's pretty fun trying to sneak something in without being caught.  We attend a small church.
These favors were on our place settings at the tea brunch yesterday.  Emergency chocolate- phew!  You can print these little packages at www.alenkasprintables.com .
 Here is something my secret pal left for me at Christmas.  I love Taste of Home- some of our favorite recipes came from the magazines.
The person that I had for the past year is a beautiful card maker.  Look at these works of art!  Try as I might- my cards look like they were completed by a 5 year old.  These are perfect. ♥
I strongly encourage you to have a "Secret Pal" to encourage.  The most meaningful thing ever can be a simple card in the mail wishing someone a wonderful day, throw a teabag in there too. 

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, I love that idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I too love that idea. You are such a great person!! Love that we are cousins!

    ReplyDelete