1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sea Monkeys "Monkeyin' Around"

Our son Ethan opened up a sea monkey gift at Christmas.  Sea monkeys are a variety of brine shrimp that are suspended in time as eggs in a package at Toys R Us.  Ethan was very eager to hatch his little friends, and so was I.  Much to our surprise only one month later, our sea monkeys have already mated and there is now a large female carrying her egg sac around on what I imagine must be her belly area.  God is so amazing to have created such strange and graceful creatures.
Can you see the egg sac on this sea monkey mama? (The one on the left.)

3 comments:

  1. My son got something similar to this. I don't think they were called "sea monkeys", though, but it was relly cool to watch them grow and reproduce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really-gosh I can't spell!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had them as a kid - they gross me out the door but I love them at the same time! Guppies are an easy fish to keep and they easily mate and have live birth (not eggs) - also very fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete