1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gods Little Surprises

Sometimes I surprise myself how blind I am.  A week ago, I panicked when I saw how depleted the left side of our backyard grass had become thanks to little feet running and pounding on it.  The ground is a swampy mess.  I decided to hold off on outside for a day until I could figure out how to block off that side of the yard. 
It's pretty worn right here, and this is the spot where every child will fall and come to me covered in mud.  I thanked God for the pouring rainy day so I could keep the kids inside and off of the grass.  That night, we had a huge windy rain storm that pushed the top of a tree in the neighbors lot behind us into our yard.  I nagged Adam a couple of times about moving it out of the way.
It did not happen.  Not because he didn't mean to, he just didn't get around to it.
  Then yesterday, I realized.. (Ding ding ding!) God had dropped a barrier to block the kids from further pummeling the grass to it's death!  (♫♪ Hallelujah Chorus♫♪)  I am leaving it there!  God does so many tiny little things each day for us all.  I pray that I never stop noticing these small blessings. :)

1 comment: