1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Quilt Attempt

I decided to sew together a quilt.  After knitting dishcloths, I thought getting back to the sewing machine would provide me with immediate gratification because it is much faster.  I went to Ben Franklin and purchased some pre-cut squares.  Aaaah- the speed of it all was intoxicating.  So intoxicating in fact, that I decided I didn't need to use pins to hold it all together as I whisked myself into a sewing fantasy.  (Laughing now, but not then...)
Here is the result of sewing a quilt together without using pins... It took me three times as long to pull out all of the stitches.  You had better believe that I was happy to take the time to use pins during the repair..
Here are all of the squares, sewn together.
I used cotton, the nice woman at Ben Franklin suggested that it would hold up in the washing machine.  This house simply cannot have something in it that can't go in the wash.
I had a hard time deciding what would go on the back of this quilt.  There wasn't much to choose from, so I had to use these fabrics.  They do match some squares from the front, so that's great.  Now I just have to do the edging.  This quilt will hang over the back of the couch.  I'm sure it has a long life ahead of it.  Indoor picnics, fort making, couch snuggling.  (If I could just get it done.. so much for "speed"....ha ha ha)

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks beautiful! I love the colors you chose and can't wait to see it all finished.

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks very nice! I'll have to check it out in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yeah, reeeeal speedy. Not so much if you are like me and choose a star pattern, creating tons of stars made of triangles made of squares. Bad idea, Tasha. Still trying to finish that one.

    ReplyDelete