1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Tizzy

Yesterday we worked on recognizing the letters in our names and putting them in order.  
We have some neat puzzle alphabet stickers.  The kids stuck the letters of their names onto the lines in the correct spots.  It's hard to see, but that piece of paper is a piece of construction paper folded over and stapled into a pocket envelope.
It's good for the kids to have to put the letters in the correct order!  I could see his mind working as he sorted the letters out.
The next step was for the kids to color some popsicle sticks brightly.  One for each letter of their names. 
They added another set of letters to the popsicle sticks. 
Since the stickers were wider than the sticks, to avoid any unwanted sticking together of sticks, we dunked the sticker on the stick into some craft sand to take away the extra sticky edges.  Seahawks blue.
Who knew that part would be so fun?
Once that was completed, the kids could jumble up the sticks and then sort the letters out into the correct order.
They could tuck the sticks safely into the envelopes!
It was a fun and different way to incorporate name recognition into our schedule without the lined paper and pencils.
The heavy rain kept us inside.  It was nothing that a little playdough couldn't handle.
This is what defeat looks like.  It really takes a lot for me to get boiling mad-- the blinds did it last night.  My licensor came this week to check the blinds because of a new standard implemented by the Department of Early Learning.  All week we have been trying to figure out a decent way to secure them.  It's awfully difficult with a tile windowsill.  No matter what we did, they wouldn't be secure enough.  I just knew it.  In a fury I ripped them all down and rushed to the store to buy curtains and rods.  The Sweethearts were a comfort food buy because I have a never ending sweet tooth..  I would then proceed to stomp around with my ripped apart blinds blabbing about how much I hate that ugly  living room window and that one day I will close this center down just to decorate the house how I want to.  Stomp stomp stomp-- rip rip rip-- I threw those blinds into the ugly pink bath tub in my garage and didn't look back.   I actually threw a tizzy.  At 35 years old.  I can laugh now.  It's over.  No more blinds- no more headache.  Take that.  I was sad to have to go back to curtains again, though.  My cats will now proceed to rip them apart, just like they did before we put blinds in.
I cannot see the ugly window, but I can still see through it enough to know what's happening outside.  Grrrr. I realize that the sheers didn't even match.  (See the top?)  Fred Meyer was having a curtain sale and they were all mixed up. I rearranged them so they at least look even and now I am not touching them ever again.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment