1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jellyfish

I love ocean creature art.  This crab was made by Ethan last year at school.  Maybe it's that the ocean creatures can seem so alien.  We don't usually see them.  Every time we work on the letter J I like to have them create jellyfish.
First we worked on gluing the letter J onto the paper.  I usually wait until the end of the project to do that, but I know that by the time we get to this part of the alphabet the kids start to forget what the letters are.  They are all brilliant about the letters A through E, but the further we get that harder the letters are to remember.  We looked at the Jj, traced them with our fingers and repeated the J sound.  Will it work?  Who knows.  I tried, though. :)
The kids chose one hand and it was painted white.  To create a jellyfish, place the hand print in the top half of your paper. (Upside down.)
The kids can then add tentacles by using one finger to extend them from each fingertip.  
We hopped over to the computer to look at some real jellyfish.  They really are beautiful!
I love the internet.  I know I've reiterated that to you over and over.  What a great teaching tool!

Jj is for jellyfish!
Today I get to go the The Home Depot with the kids!  It will be the best time ever! (My favorite store.)  I've got to get some stuff to secure my blinds so I can put them back down.  My licensor will return on Friday to see what I have done. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment