1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, January 13, 2014

♫Feed The Birds♫

Now that winter is here, we can't forget our feathery friends!  It's hard for the kids to believe me when we talk about how birds fly South for the winter because there are so many birds around our place.  Maybe WE are South?  Anyway, we got out the t.p. rolls, some peanut butter, some bird seed and some pipe cleaners.
The kids painted their t.p. tubes with globs of peanut butter.  It was HARD not to taste!! Does anyone else love peanut butter as much as I do?  Lately I've been dipping apples into it.
This one is ready for seeds.  (Look at the blond guy licking his lips.  Mmmm peanut butter..)  Before the kids began, I punched two holes in the tube and they added a pipe cleaner handle.  This will make for easy hanging.
I began to sing ♫ "Feed the birds...tuppence a bag.."♫  (Blank stares at crazy Nicole...)  Wait a minute-- these kids have NO IDEA who Mary Poppins is!  Tragic!  We will watch it soon.  It's necessary.  I love Mary Poppins.  She takes care of business.  Spit spot.
The kids covered the peanut butter tube in bird seed.  
I hung mine up on the chain that usually holds the hammock chair.  
The kids tried to reach it.
This one was trying to flag the birds down. 
They waited, loudly.  Oh well, maybe the birds will eventually show up.
I tucked these into sandwich bags for easy transport.  
Chippy, our squirrel, found ours and was unable to reach it. I moved it for him and it is now missing in action!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment