1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Getting Over It

Yesterday my licensor showed up for my surprise visit.  It had been 18 months.  I knew she was coming- all of the Washington state licensors made a promise to check every child care provider's blinds to make sure they were secured properly.  Above is the giant new pack of rules and regulations that I must abide by at all times. 
It is full of rules implemented to provide safe childcare facilities for children.
The stack on the left is the last stack I received.  The stack on the right is my new stack.  Overwhelmed?
No.  Annoyed?  Maybe.  Listen- I will do whatever is required of me to continue my job.  This is the best job I have ever had- I truly love it.  My licensor is wonderful and she had good things to say about Henle House.  Only a couple of changes had to be implemented.  Other childcare centers in my area have given up and just closed down.  I have to admit- I do feel like the Department of Early Learning is like a dragon breathing down my neck all of the time- and all of these rules and changes that we have to make to our personal home can feel daunting.  My handsome hubby reminded me last night how lucky I am to be doing this great job that I love so much.  He was right.  I am truly blessed.  I was just feeling the weight of that packet again.
I think our pets can sense my frustration.  I'll bet that you have your own stories of when a pet came to snuggle with you when you were sick.  Smudge knew something was eating at me.
He knew it was that packet and he decided to just sit on it for me.  Good boy!
He stayed there.  It was time for me to just get over it and suck it up and move forward!
He truly is my best beast.  He knew exactly what to do!
Meanwhile, our art project sat unfinished because a visit with my licensor takes a couple of hours.  We will complete it today!  I'm over it now.
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment