1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Look, A Germ!

For this awesome project, you will need some water colors, a straw and some googly eyes.  This is one of my favorites!  I got out an empty clear jar and told the kids to look very closely because I had some germs inside of it. 
"Well, what do they look like?"  I got out this lovely hand washing sign that the Health department gave me to hang in the bathroom.  Thanks, but no thanks.  It was great for yesterday because in the pictures, the germs have legs and eyes and look like little dust balls.  They got the idea!
"Ok guys, hold out your hands, please,"  I asked them.
I took one germ out of the jar and placed it into her hand.  LOOK AT HER FACE!   She was clearly concerned after we learned that germs can make us feel sick.  She was really straining her eyes to try to see the germ.  
We then practiced sneezing into our elbows to prevent the germs that we have already breathed in from getting onto someone else.  They both held their hands out still because they were frightened by the germ.  (Laughing out loud to myself.)
We then practiced washing the germ away.  Phew!  The germ was gone!
We created some germs on paper for art.  I love this project.  Just dab a wet blob of water colors onto their papers and let them blow it around with a straw until the puddle is gone.
We used different colors for fun!
Our germs were looking germy.
The best part?  Adding eyes.
Even better than the best part?  Naming them.  Click on the photos to see what the kids named their germs.
They really are cute little fellas.
Love them!
Look how plump Chippy is!  She graced us with a visit yesterday.
Insert baby Zuko-- up the tree Chippy went.  Boy is Zuko fast!  I'm a bit worried for Chippy.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment