1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Winter

We are learning about winter.  It is fun to talk about the differences that each season brings.  One of the kids had an epiphany yesterday when he realized that he knew exactly why the winter trees have no leaves!  A little cause and effect lesson ensued.  All of that talk about the leaves changing and falling down came back to him.  It was wonderful!  We created winter trees for art yesterday.  I cut out a tree shape for each child.
I got out the Elmer's Glue and I was thinking that this guy would know how to use it because I assumed that they usually use this glue in school.  Wrong!  He knows how to use it, but the school tends to stick with glue sticks just like I do.  Less mess.  50% of my kids showed up very late yesterday and I only had two kids for art, so I figured we would get out the messy glue and use it since I could monitor more effectively.
We are still dreaming of snow, so the kids added some cotton ball snow to their trees.
It can be a bit challenging because the unrolled cotton ball likes to stick to fingers. 
To create icicles, add a generous line of glitter glue.
Using a toothpick, drag the glue downward.
Brrrr!
I love the simplistic beauty of a winter tree! 
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment