1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Home Depot Day

The two of us went to The Home Depot yesterday.  I had a pretty sizable list and am up against a deadline.  It was POURING rain. 
My father-in-law brought over a tv for us.  (Can you believe that?  He just brought one over.)  Adam built a new entertainment center for us to replace the old one.  The only problem this created was that the lamp is no longer sitting on top of the old entertainment center, and that corner was too dark now.  This old house has the strangest wiring.  There are no overhead lights in the living room.  
The main reason for our Home Depot trip was some L brackets to secure the window blinds at the bottom.  Ugly- but necessary to meet the rules for having a daycare.  The ones I got didn't work.  Today is the last day for us to figure something out or I will be ripping them all down and purchasing curtains.  I also purchased some pendant lights, a swag kit, some awesome paints for the wall in the play room, disposable trays and a new paint roller.  (I got lazy after painting the house last summer and let the roller dry up on the roll and felt it wasn't worth the effort to reclaim the roller.)   
Look at all of the beautiful lighting!  Some day, I will have a beautiful light over the dining room table.  Maybe.
Off we swam to the bus stop- our path was a small creek, so we had to walk on the road.  It was pouring, the camera on my phone didn't capture it.  Just the two of us all morning- it worked out nicely because I had so much to do!
 I know nothing about wiring.  NOTHING.  Thank you internet, because the swag kit did a terrible job instructing me on how to install it.  A swag kit is a kit designed to transform a hard wired light fixture into one that you can plug in to an outlet.  
It can be a pretty confusing mess.
I did it- barely!  I think that small light is just enough to brighten the dark corner.  I'm satisfied.
It was a good day!
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment