1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Pop Ups, Paint & Playdough

I recently acquired this book from a friend who cleaned out her classroom.  I love this book!!  Anytime I get my hands on a pop up book, it stays in a safe place away from the kids so that we can enjoy it forever.  The saddest thing about pop up books is the way they get destroyed.  I think they are works of art. 
The kids LOVE the bug book, too!
The anticipation of what scary bug is going to pop out on the next page gets them giggling and hiding!
A loopy little lavender bug!
Aaaaaahhhhh!!!
We got out some paint to paint our names yesterday.  
They love to paint!  I love that they love it.
Once again, that Crayola paint is the BEST.
A little close up looks like a piece of art that I would hang up on the wall.  The colors are sure a welcome sight in the dark wet month of January.
Speaking of paint- this tree is about to disappear.  Bye bye tree!  This happens to me every year.  It's cold outside, I need a project to do.  Our daughter Stephanie is an amazing artist.  I am giving her free reign of this wall once I have the paint purchased.  She's going to paint something along the lines of this.  (The left page.)
Can you tell that I am feeling about 98% better?  This morning I cooked up some fresh cinnamon playdough. 
In a large pot, add the following:
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups salt
8 teaspoons cream of tartar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
A pile of cinnamon(You can never add too much)
Food Coloring if desired
4 cups water
Mix it up, you will give your arm a small workout.  It will be lumpy and heavy.  Cook over medium heat until most of the moisture is gone.  I think it took 10 minutes.  Stir constantly.
When you think it's ready, flip it out of the pot onto a hard surface and when it's cool enough for you to stand it, knead it smooth.
I broke it into thirds for kneading.  It smelled AMAZING!!!
I popped it into large ziplock bags to cool the rest of the way.  Even if it is warm, it helps to contain the moisture if you put it in.  Just don't seal it up right away.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment