1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

On With It

Aaaaah, I miss the warm sunshine!  I am so thankful that it is January.  I've been reflecting about the obstacles we dealt with last year.   While it was a rough one for our family, there was so much to be thankful for.  We stopped working with the youth at church and Adam had to get a "real" job, which caused me to have to downsize my business considerably.  We still see the good that has come from those obstacles.  We learned that parenting a teenager is actually difficult!  Who knew? The second car died, I had a record year of doctor visits for myself,  we ultimately left our church and are still healing from that. These are so minimal compared to what is going on with others around us, but they do not affect us any less.  What is important to know is that God is in control of all of these things and I do thank him for what it is he is teaching us.
It's time to get on with it! 
There will always be obstacles in the path ahead.  How we choose to view them and handle them is up to us.
The past year was also full of blessings!  Far too many to list, and how easily we forget the good things.  It was good for our family to sit down and read the good things from 2013 that we had stored in a jar all year.  Some of those things were so small, so easily forgotten.  Each one was a gift from God.  We trust that we can barrel on through no matter what as long as we keep God at the center of our lives.
Happy January!  I am really glad that the crazy of Christmas is over.  It's time to plow right back into preschool at full force.  Is anyone else cookied out?
♥♥♥Happy Thursday that feels like Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment