1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dress Up

I had two little ones yesterday and thought it would be a good day to play dress up.  At Henle House, dress up is not an activity that is always available.  It's an organized activity that I use when we need a distraction.  The kids have had different schedules this week, leaving me with several days where I only have 2 kids.  You would think that things get easier around here when that happens, but I feel it has the opposite effect.  The kids look more to me for entertainment.  It's harder to engage them in a group time because there are less participants to discuss things with.  Dress up was just what we needed!
The rule that I have is that the kids have to actually try to put the items on all by themselves.  Only when they truly need my help, will I jump in.  This is a great way to teach them how to dress themselves.  I also try to choose some upbeat creative music to get their imaginations going.  Music changes everything.  We listened to the 'Union' album by Yes.  Oldy, but a goodie.  Lots of creative juices were flowing.
This time it was more fun because I brought out a mirror for them to see themselves.  I don't know why I hadn't done that before.
They spent a LOT of time in front of it, laughing.
Fish hat!
I baked some cookies.  The kids didn't need my help.
With every costume change, they did want me to take a picture.
We then decided to bring in an outside tent to play in.  I had to completely evacuate about 10 spiders from it first.  Gross.
By the end of our dress up play time, I had two chocolate chip cookie faced smiling children.  Mission accomplished.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment