1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, February 17, 2012

What Brightens Your Day?

I woke up at 5:15 this morning.  I know it's because I knew I needed to be up half an hour earlier for a drop off, but my mind was wide awake the minute I awoke.  Sometimes I think that is Gods doing, waking me up and having a discussion with me.  I've been grumbly lately.  Not for any reason in particular.  I suppose I just feel so busy I don't even know what is happening in each whirlwind of a day.  Time for a God smack.  Did any of you ever go to childrens church or Sunday school as a child?  I didn't.  Well, maybe a couple of times I remember, but I grew up in Utah where the mormon church is dominant.  My mom has always been a Christ follower and was diligent about making us know about Jesus, with the occasional drive in search of a Christian church.  It's funny what really made me start to remember and apply this information in my own life.   It wasn't until I was 26 years old and my husband and I started to help with the AWANA program at church. (AWANA stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed) It's a program that teaches kids about God and they work hard memorizing verses.  It was during this time that I began learning, too.  That, by the way, is so God.  God knows that I need instructions in the simplest form.  Suddenly the Bible started to actually make sense to me.  Here I am rambling and I suppose I will get to the point.. when I woke up the thought that was immediate to me is that God is my light.  The photo above is on the front of a card that my handsome hubby gave me a while back.  He knows how much I love sunshine! I thought about that card- it sits in my kitchen window, I must look at it 30 times each day.  That sunshine symbolizes God to me.  Who cares how busy I am- I am just going to sit back and let God do his stuff with my life.  Adam and I are finishing up our last year of AWANA.  We are moving on to helping out with the youth group.  We are so excited for this change and feel it is where we are being led.  I think because we both felt so strongly about it that it must be some of Gods "sunshine" for us.  That thought alone brightens my day!  What brightens yours? ♥♥♥  Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of it's own."
Song for today is Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. ♫♪

1 comment:

  1. SO excited you guys get to work with the youth! I know you have desired that for a while now! I will pray that God continues to guide you in that field! =D

    ReplyDelete