1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sorting & Counting

Now is a good time to review.  I saw this sorting idea on this great blog recently and thought I'd jump on the bandwagon right away.  I like how that mom uses a tray for her projects.  We have trays that we use for messy projects.  Anyway, we are reviewing our colors and this sorting idea was perfect.
I prepared the paper ahead of time and provided an old applesauce cup of squares in various colors.  They must glue the correct color into the columns.  Easy squeezy.
This opens my mind up to more sorting activities in our near future.  Starting today.  (See tomorrows post.)
Here is another simple project.  12 dots.
It can be hard for the kids to stop at 12.  They did a great job, though!  Meanwhile, the Department Of Early Learning is killing me with new rules and regulations.  I wouldn't be surprised if they come in here and force me to use some bland curriculum eventually.  I am now $130 in the hole thanks to new classes I have to take JUST to hear all of the new rules.  That is SIX of my Tuesday nights, and too much money.  I thought they wanted to encourage their providers, not stomp them down with regulation this and regulation that.  It's disheartening.  Don't get me wrong, I am a rule follower and understand why these things are in place.  But DEL, please stop making it so difficult for us in home child care providers to actually do our job, - I want to spend my day loving these children, not filling out forms.

Song for today is Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf. ♥♥ Groovy.

No comments:

Post a Comment