1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Big Project

It all started when I decided to replace these canisters that sit on the kitchen counter.  Now the ball is rolling in my mind about "fixing" our kitchen.
I popped over to a favorite shop of mine Ruffles & Rust Square in Snohomish on 1st Street.
Look what I found?  I love these.  What I do NOT love, however, is that ugly wallpaper border and hideous backsplash thing behind them.  These canisters do not look pretty in front of those ugly colors.  I can't take it anymore.  We have lived here for four years, and I still haven't ripped that stuff down.  (It has been one room at a time, though..)

Then I started to look at the big picture.  Counter tops, cabinet doors and drawer fronts, new hardware, painting over that dark green...
THIS drives me crazy.  The cabinets get dirty, I scrub them, then the paint just chips off.. Grrrr...
AND the hinges are all ugly and on the outside.  It is time to show this kitchen some love.  I really love the layout of this kitchen and also love the huge cabinets.  I have expressed my interest to my cabinet maker hubby in keeping the enormous cabinets and replacing the doors.  He agreed!
I would like to hang an industrial light over the sink.
I would like to rip this stuff off and cover it with white bead board to create a country kitchen look.
I would like to replace this green with something lighter and ....
Extend this OUT to create a breakfast bar.  That project may have to wait until I do not run a childcare center.   But we are thinking about it!  See what happens when we replace canisters? LOL  Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥
Song for today All Souls Night by Loreena Mckennitt. ♥♥♥ I think all of her songs are even more beautiful played live. ♫

1 comment:

  1. White marble (cheap formica) would be pretty! See: http://pinterest.com/pin/177681147768516092/

    ReplyDelete