1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Fish

Lately we have been talking about going fishing.  We see the lake on our way to and from the bus stop and occasionally point out fisherman on small boats.  I wish it were me out on the fishing boat first thing in the morning, but obviously I don't have time for that.  We are just happy to see them , and then the talk comes up,"Who made the fish, anyway?"  I ask them.   "God!" They answer.  "Yep, that's right." I respond.  We thought we would create our own fish.  I like to use the book above for crafts.
Our fish are not hanging fish, but we used this idea as a guideline.  I am so grateful for craft books.  Sometimes I don't want to even have to think.. (wow..) so grabbing a book off of the shelf for some inspiration is helpful.
I pre-cut some shapes.  Two of the kids who were going to complete this can actually use scissors, and I tend to forget that sometimes.  It's best if they cut out their own pieces!  I will remember that for next time.
We got out the trays to help us contain all of the pieces.
 I found some shiny things to glue on.  Sequence and confetti pieces, cut up tinfoil.
"A little dab will do."  I get all anxious when the kids have a glue bottle.  Some of them get excited to see the glue just pouring out and forget to follow the "dab" rule.  Aiden was excellent with his glue.
I helped out with glue for some others.
Stick..  stick...
Aren't they beautiful? Happy Monday- I am so happy to see the sunshine this morning. ☼
Song for today is "She's A Rainbow" by The Rolling Stones because my hubby has been teasing me. I have to sing and flash love and peace signs when this song is playing, and he acts like he hates it but really he wishes he were a wannabe hippy just like me. ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment