1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Video Game Alternative

My boys really love video games.  I mean, REALLY love them.  I blame my handsome hubby for making sure that the boys have no shortage of video gaming systems.  When they don't have school, I find myself having to force them off of their video games and offer them other activities to do.   "Go outside and ride your bikes, please."  " It's time to take a break from your game."  I become their nemesis.  I am the video game Nazi.  Sigh...  I suppose I thought it was kind of funny that Aiden received an Angry Birds game at Christmas.   One way to get away from a video game is to play the board game version.. LOL
It is pretty cool!  He spent a lot of time building, knocking down, and rebuilding the correct set up over and over and over.
He was making sound effects, too!  Even I play Angry Birds occasionally on my phone during bouts of boredom. (Nap time.)
He gained an audience.  Now if only he would share the game willingly.  She was happy to watch. ♥
It was a good video game break!  Happy Monday!♥♥♥
Song for today is Keep Em Separated by The Offspring.  I was having a moment of nostalgia, remembering  listening to this on my way to my first job.  I lied about my age so I could get it- I was 15. No, I do not condone lieing about your age, I have just always found having a job to be satisfying. Good times!♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. My kids got the Angry Birds "board" game for Christmas and they love it. It was only after they'd played it for awhile that their Aunts introduced them to the actual video game, but alas they only get to play the video game when an Aunt is kind enough to share her phone. :)

    ReplyDelete