1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, March 31, 2014

P Is For Pig/ I'm A Control Freak

I took an Art Appreciation 101  class online and learned one thing: I am too much of a control freak when it comes to children's art.  I am so guilty of too much organization.  It's a good point- kids need to be able to create their own stuff, how they want to.  It's good for them to explore.  I gave it a go- in baby steps.   I gave everyone the pieces and some glue, and WALKED AWAY.  It was hard- I popped back over to the table just to take photos for this post.
They were getting started.
The "concentration tongue" was coming out!
 They just created with what they had- however they chose to do it.
I honestly think I liked the results much more than  before.
They thought carefully about where they could put pieces.  I gave zero input.
She was creating a colorful barn for her pig.
It was a tiny step for me.  One that I plan to pursue further.  There is always room for improvement as far as how this place is running!  Believe it or not- I like finding these things out about myself because it creates a further challenge for me to work towards.  Hopefully the next step will be bigger than the last.
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment