1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Library

This guy needed it's 6 year maintenance.  That means that I've been running Henle House for 6 years.   I didn't realize that it had been that long.  Time flies when you are busy enjoying the best job of your life,  right?  We escaped for a bit yesterday!
Any time I choose to take the kids in the van with me, this backpack has to come along.  It's filled with emergency contact paperwork for every child in my care, and for myself as well.  We also have a giant first aid kit in the van.  I feel like I could practically perform surgery with that kit if necessary.  These are just a couple of things that the state requires me to have on hand. 
"Ready?"  Thumbs up and smiles are good signs.  We hopped over to Everett AAA to drop off the fire extinguisher.
We went to the library afterward. 
We had the children's section to ourselves.  Bliss!
The library is always an easy visit.  The kids are usually very well behaved.  With the two girls that I had I felt like I could've completed this trip sleepwalking. 
 While the kids are browsing books, I fill our group time book bag up.  The goal is to find some great books that are age appropriate.  It can take a while to find books that fit the bill.  It can't have too many words and has to have a storyline that they can follow.  I love to find concept books, too.  
Table envy happened for a minute.  It would be neat to have the space for a cool table like this at Henle House.
Smudge should be on the cover of this book.
The girls were happy.
They usually have to tell me what they see on every page.
I think I turn on my autopilot. "That is AMAZING."  "So cool, thanks for sharing."  "Yes, I see that."  
She'll choose this one, and this one, and this one..(drop)  wait..this one.. 
It was a great little outing!
Here is a perk of having a teenage daughter with the same shoe size and shoe taste as myself.  I bought her some Nike's for track, and she didn't stay in track because of the crazy scheduling issues.  I was  in the market for some new walking shoes.  I bought those heel boots a while back and have never worn them.  I traded her the boots for the Nike's.  Permanently.  We both wore them today.   Score!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥
♫Now playing at Henle House-  "I'm Free" by Kenny Loggins. ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment