1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Keeping Happy

I didn't take any photos yesterday.  I thought I would blog this morning about some great music I downloaded.  I have a wonderful Sony MP3 player that holds hundreds of songs.  I load it up with playlists based on my mood- most of them Henle House friendly.  There is no mood that good song will not fix.  Someone posted something on facebook yesterday that said something like, "Skip the therapist and spend that money at the record store."  That is so true.  I love to have music playing most of the time in the house.  It keeps my mood in check.  That is important when I work alone.  Running a small center like this can be demanding!  All of the kids are pulling on me at any given time- they all need something- they all want my attention. It can be exhausting.  I handle it well as long as there is music.  It affects the mood.  Classical can sooth and calm everyone.  Rock can hype them up for a dance party.  Jazz is a creativity booster.  This morning I found two albums on Amazon in the Folk section.  They are perfect for today!
The first is a band called "Jamestown Revival".  The song above is called Fur Coat Blues.  The album is called Utah.  $6.99.  You can hear the samples here.
The second album is by The Wailin' Jennies.  This song is called "You Are Here", on the Bright Morning Stars album.  It's a melodic harmonized dream of an album.  $6.99.  Listen to the samples here.
New music- $13.98.  Brain enhancement and mood maintenance- PRICELESS.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment