1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Color Sort/ Wierd Al

We have worked on this project before.  When we learn a new color, I like to review with a color sorting activity.  We are learning the color violet right now!
Before they begin, I like to ask them to show me one finger.  I then ask them to use that finger and point to each specific color on their papers.  To avoid having the kids copy each other, I place the color names in different columns on each paper.
They began to glue the colors into the correct columns.  
These kids are wonderful.  Look how well they sit and work at the table!  I have been completing more and more online learning courses lately.   They usually include videos from other daycare centers around the country and the chaos I see in some of them makes my mind tired.  I'm so thankful for Henle House.  We have organized chaos at times, but the videos I saw were just pure madness.  MADNESS.  I love these courses though, and am learning some great tips and ideas.
This is one happy guy, celebrating his beautiful work. :)  He was saying, "YES!"  We had the worlds greatest dance party that turned into a headbanging and air guitar session.  It was pouring rain so hard that I had to go out and rescue our rain boots from the sideways rain.  Sometimes we just need to turn the music up and let ourselves go.  We get lost in it.  It's amazing. ♥
Here is what we jammed to. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.  I always think of the Wierd Al version when I hear this song. 
I  love this version--- it's so true.  
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment