1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"I Can't"

Every job I have ever had has had an aspect that I didn't like so much.  Of course that is because there isn't a perfect job.  The one part about this job that makes me cringe is when a preschooler say's "I can't" and stands there expecting me to do it for him or her.  Nope.  It's just not going to happen.  "Pish posh, YES YOU CAN!  I would like you to try, first." I usually reply.  (Smiles)  I'm a fan of taking as long as necessary to get a child to actually try doing things for themselves rather than just doing it to be efficient.  If that means that a child misses some outside time, so be it.  "I will not put your coat on you."  I will, however, encourage them to work on it on their own, and maybe teach them a trick to help them get it done in a way that they can understand.  I can't be an enabler.  It would make my job miserable.  Because my group of kids knows this about me, they try harder!  They feel good about what they accomplish.  Kids have to know how to take care of themselves in the bathroom, deal with their own coats and shoes etc.   I don't believe that age 2 is too young for that.  Kids are smart! 
It's almost time to move the Flower Shop out of the dramatic play area.  We gave it one good hearty "go" yesterday.  The girls were hard at work arranging flowers and delivering them to me.
I had lots of pretty vases piling up.
They could've played for hours.  They were arranging, rearranging and repeating.
The dolls all had special deliveries. 
We had an incredible rain storm.  I love it when the rain comes down so heavy that we can hear it on the roof.
The camera didn't capture it well, but there is a rainbow in this photo.  The sun was shining and it was pouring rain at the same time. 
The puzzle box became a Smudge trap this morning.  I'm glad we have cats in the house.  They are an important part of my boys' morning.  Ethan in particular loves to get up and see what the cats are doing.  It helps him start his day off on a good note.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment