1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Flower Shop

The kids stopped playing with the Post Office.  It was time for a change of venue!  I created a flower shop.
Here is what it looks like from the outside.  We pulled the register over on our drawer shelf to invite the kids to use it in the flower shop.
I hung up some aprons for the flower shop workers.
They can also choose to wear some flower leis if they want to.  I thought it was perfect to snag them in St. Patrick's Day colors!  
I went to the dollar store to stock the flower shop.  I feel like it was worth it because we can reuse all of this stuff for other activities.  We can recreate the flower shop next year.  Here we have an assortment of flowers in baskets for easy storage.
I spent some time cutting the flowers into individuals so the kids can use them as individuals instead of a bunch at a time.
I found some plastic vases!  To brighten them up- easter grass.  Yes-  that stuff is horrible, but the kids love playing with it so far! 
Here we have some tissue paper and ribbons for wrapping up floral boquets.  I thought it would be fun to have some foam squares for them to stick flowers into as well.
It's fun to wear gardening gloves!
Some hats in a basket are ready for them to use if they want to.  It's fun to dress the part!
The only thing we kept from the post office is this basket filled with papers, crayons and pencils.  The kids can create small cards to go with the flowers.
I showed them how to wrap up some flowers.
They had fun exploring their new play center.
Pretty!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment