1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Play Is Important

As much as I would love to drill preschool into the minds of young children constantly, it is so important to take time to just play.  It might sound like I made the decision to be lazy-- and maybe that is the case.  I don't regret it!  When kids have the opportunity to just play, they are learning social skills.  They are learning to compromise with each other.  They learn empathy.  They learn to work together in teams.  I can just imagine the way different parts of their brains are lighting up as they dive into a free play activity.  I will never forget just playing for days as a child.  I want to make sure the kids who spend so much time with me remember that there were lots of fun times!  They love when they get to choose their own activity.  These two chose to dress up for a little while.
This wig has really been around forever.  We used to put it on our old cat, Chloe, when she was sleeping.  Ethan wears it to school every time they have a wild hair day.
By the time they were finished with dress up time, there was a mountain of evidence.
This was abandoned once we realized the sun was warm.  It had been a very cold bus stop visit in the morning-- brrr!
My heart is happy to see them in the sunshine.  
Something exciting has happened-- I didn't kill this Amaryllis and it actually bloomed!  (After two winters.)  For those of you who don't know, I am ok at gardening.  However, every time I have an indoor plant of any kind, it dies.  I try very hard, too.  This beauty survived! ♥♥
Another exciting thing is that our daughter Stephanie has been working on publishing a children's book.  I love her idea of a super hero cat.  Here she is with her Grandpa (my handsome hubby's dad).  He is an incredible artist and is illustrating the book.   He was showing Stephanie the steps and about shading.  
Here she was last night at school, educating people about the process of authoring and publishing a book.  She looks awfully grown up- I am very proud of her!
♥♥♥Happy Thursday that feels like Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment