1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Play 'Movie Theater'

Yesterday, in the middle of spring break, it SNOWED.  I refuse to type out any cute little symbols by that word..  I protested and wore my flip flops anyway, but it added some cranky to the occasion.   After several  Emergency Dance Parties I manged to function enough to play a game with the kids.  I printed out some fake money (We use this for AWANA at church) and used some sticky notes for tickets. 
We were blessed to have just the right amount of small chairs.  Which one would they choose?  Sooo fun..
It's only a movie theater if there is popcorn involved.  I filled these up so the kids could 'purchase' them at the concession stand.
 They were all so excited, standing in line.  "What movie would you like to see?" I asked each of them when it was their turn.  "Chip and Dale" they each replied.   "Would you like popcorn with that?"  I asked.  "Yes, please!"   The cost for their movie theater trip was one fake dollar.  They were responsible with their 'ticket'.  I reminded them to please silence their cell phones.  Some of them waited for me to GIVE them a cell phone until I whispered,"It's only pretend.."  Big smile... They were enjoying this game.  I was so glad, because the weather was TERRIBLE and they were bored.
They enjoyed choosing their own seat.  Some of them were so in character as adults that when they brought me their empty popcorn containers and were ready for a drink they called me "Sir."  Awesome! 
After the movie, we created spring chickens.  We used a bath puff scrubber to dab our paint on the papers.  Not my brilliant idea, but came from Here.  Then the snow and rain stopped, the sun came out, and then it began to hail...






1 comment:

  1. YOU are the one who took my little brown chair from the swap party! I had two of them, and the other one is just sitting in my attic... I keep wondering if whoever got the one at the swap party would also like the one sitting in my attic! Well, would you?

    ReplyDelete