1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, April 22, 2011

My Favorite Part Of Yesterday (5)

My favorite part of yesterday was reading this book at group time.  It was the first time I had read it, and I instantly fell in love.  I'm already plotting my Barnes & Noble trip to find it.
It is FULL of beautiful pictures.  The boy didn't want to go to bed so he jumped into his car and drove away.
He came across lots of toys during his long drive, all of whom were too sleepy to play.  Finally, his car fell asleep too.
This was my favorite picture, I love the detail in the moms hands and hair.  She found him and carried him to bed.  Childrens books are among my favorite things.  Even when I head to Barnes & Noble, I end up in the childrens section. ♥  This book is now added to my favorites.
So far- none can even remotely reach Yertle The Turtle though, it is my favorite of all favorites!  Happy Good Friday, everyone!  The sun is shining, and tomorrow will even reach 60, just in time for the Easter parade. ☼

2 comments:

  1. One of our favorite childrens books (when they were little kids!) was The Seven Silly Eaters...very neat artwork and story! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Yertle The Turtle! King of the sky!

    ReplyDelete