1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Antique Capital

Look at this beautiful washing machine.  It lives on a porch in the woods of Whidbey Island where my husband whisked me away to for our 6th Anniversary.  The cottage was loaded with antiques. 
Does anyone know what this (above) is?
This was a dresser in the bedroom.  Doilies graced the inside of each drawer.  It was very quaint and cozy.  We snuck out for some antique shopping of our own the next day.  One shop owner saw that we were from Snohomish, and was excited to talk to us since we are from what he called "the antique capital".  I suppose he's right- how lucky we are to be able to jaunt downtown and find something old.  I purchased an apron, a blue lantern, and a biscuit  and cake tin from the man's shop. 
Here's my husband and I in one last self portrait before we left our quiet get away,   Happy Anniversary, Adam!

1 comment: